Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Next Day after that one

Today we went to Holland. It is about an hours drive from Wuppertal, Germany where I am staying with my son and his fiancee, Chrissy. The only windmills we saw were the big new kind. No little wooden old-fashioned ones were around. Sigh. We went to an outlet mall with lots of designer stores. I bought one or two small items and we had coffee there. It was a lot of fun to walk around. Then we went into the little Dutch town which was really fun to see. I took more pictures there of the shops and the old-fashioned squares which were set up with little coffee shops around the edges. We stopped for lunch there. We had been on a search for a place that served french fries because Jamie was craving them and we finally found some for him. I had a Milano sandwich which had mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and pesto on grilled bread. It came with a salad and was great! Now we are getting ready to go to Chrissy's mom's for dinner. Jamie is glad he is not cooking tonight! Ulrike is a good cook too! I am looking forward to visiting with her because she doesn't speak English. It will be good for my German. I will try to post the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment