Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday

Well! I finally got on the internet to give you an update! I've had some issues, including blowing out the circuits in half the rooms in my guesthouse trying to use the surge protector my darling husband sent with me. Thanks Rand!! I offered to pay the electrician, but they told me it was broken already before I came.
Anyway...Monday was my travel day and mostly uneventful. I just had the usual....a mean German ticket agent who didn't like Americans and tried to tell me I had too much carry on stuff. This after my checked luggage, which was underweight and had more room in it, had already gone down the shute. Then I couldn't find my Visa card to pay for my dinner ( a nice American businessman bought it for me)...oh yeah, and you know those clear plastic bags you are supposed to put your cosmetics in? They are a different size in Europe. Anyway, I finally got here and after waiting in the slowest line of my life for a visa, found Japeth who was holding a sign with my name on it after finding all of my luggage. YEAH GOD!!
He brought me to my guesthouse which is the quaintest little place with a huge garden complete with a swingset and hot showers (oh yeah!). My room has twin beds, a tiny cabinet for my clothes and huge windows looking out on the garden. It is right next to the bath which is very convenient. I have a regular taxi driver named Ben who picks me up and drops me back off every day in his blue station wagon. He also takes me on errands and walks in with me, it's like having a bodyguard. I hope to have chance to witness to him while I am here.
I am working with seven ladies who come from 5 countries. They asked me today to give them a list of all of your names so they could divide it up (there are 30+ of you supporters) and pray for YOU!! They are so happy you are supporting me in this venture, and so am I.
Today we starting our first lessons. We began with how to take measurements and had fun taking each others! Next they are going to work with pattern cutting and altering.
I had lunch with a few of them today, sitting in the gorgeous garden there on the grounds. There is a cafe at the Foundation and I had a delicious salad with almonds and avacodo. For dessert I bought cookies for everyone. At the end of the day we met for a short prayer service before everybody left for home.
Now I am back at the guest house. Dinner will be at 6:30 .Last night it was lasagna with garlic bread and salad. Breakfast this morning was fresh fruit and baked oatmeal. It was really good.
I will try to post the pictures I've taken so far. The first one from Africa isn't very good, it's quite yellow, but I will leave it in. Just as my plane landed the sun was rising. It was an incredible sight to see the sunrise over the horizon broken by just a tree or two. I was later told that is had been raining most mornings lately, so it was truly a welcome from the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment